Facility Maintenance Technician
Employer: MIG COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE LLC
Work Site: Dane County – Metropolitan Madison
This position is specific to a building located on the east side of Madison, but the company owns multiple buildings and over time, the employee could be reassigned to other building locations throughout Madison & Middleton.
Pay: $41,000.00 Per Year to $44,000.00 Per Year
Includes full benefits package, co-pay health and dental insurance, life insurance, 401K, a profit sharing program, paid vacation time off and a cash bonus.
Duration/Usual Hours Per Week: Full-Time, 40 Hours Per Week
Generally 8 am to 5 pm, or some 7 am to 4 pm
Shift/Work Days: Mornings Shift.
Monday-Friday. Maintenance employees share a rotating on-call service for all company buildings after hours and on weekends. Any calls for service after standard hours are paid at time and one half.
Number of Openings: 1
Minimum Requirements of Employer:
Education: High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Desired
This is an entry-level general commercial building maintenance position primarily responsible for the day to day maintenance and upkeep of company buildings, grounds and associated assets. The work is considered fulltime and is managed under the direct guidance of an active supervisor, who is most often onsite or in close proximity. Tasks involve both inside and outside work in all types of weather extremes. General knowledge of facilities physical plant and standard industrial repair capabilities are necessary.
Professional Licenses / Certifications: No Licenses or Certifications Requested
Vehicle: Desired, Mileage reimbursement available.
Type: Class D – Regular (Auto, Light Truck, Moped) Required
Endorsements: No Endorsement Requested
Age: No Age Requested
Experience / Qualifications: Knowledge, Experience, Education
1) Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
2) Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
3) Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of, buildings, or other company structures, including sidewalks, landscape, drives, ramps, and parking lots.
4) Tenant/Customer Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective protection of people, data, property, and their institutions.
Background check required.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
Job Duties and Tasks, General
- Perform general building maintenance in response to tenant service requests.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Dismantle machines, equipment, or devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, or power tools.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Paint or repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
- Perform general cleaning duties of buildings or properties.
- Perform routine maintenance on boilers, such as replacing burners or hoses, installing replacement parts, or reinforcing structural weaknesses to ensure optimal boiler efficiency.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions.
- Provide grounds-keeping services, such as landscaping or snow removal.
- Repair machines, equipment, or structures, using tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices.
Insurance: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Leave and Holidays: Sick Leave, Personal Leave, Vacation, Paid Holidays
Retirement & Financial: 401K Plan, Profit Sharing
Education and Training: Paid Training
Miscellaneous Benefits: Paid Uniforms, On-Site Cafeteria
Other Benefits: Strong cash bonus program, either annually or bi-annually, ranges from $500 – $2,000
Commercial Real Estate development and leasing
How To Apply:
E-Mail a Résumé to email@example.com